Thursday, August 12, 2010

Recipe Book


So this is the most important item I have...my Recipe book....my dad got this for me I think at the LACMA, with the intention of using it for notes, daily musings, etc.  It turned into my recipe book!  Inside is where I tweak what I make, edit recipes or ideas, and clarify in my own abbreviations and jargon, techniques and pitfalls.  Recipes inside range from Korean Short Ribs (Galbi), Sweet Potato Biscuits with Cinnamon Butter, Braised Pork Belly, Red Velvet Cupcakes to simpler things like roasting Asparagus, making spinach pesto, and poaching fish and eggs.  To call it an amalgam of recipes would be foolish.  If/when I don't exist anymore, I believe this book would be something cherished.  It would be a glimpse into the calm of a tempest storm.

-E-

No comments:

Post a Comment