Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri


Pork is my absolute favorite meat to eat...hands down the best contribution ever made to society! Now despite my fondness for the pig, I do not eat pork tenderloin all that much, but after watching a Top Chef episode, I was inspired to make one myself.

Now this Top Chef episode had a "Miami" themed challenge and I thought to myself, geez, I could make something like this.

I made a Chimichurri ( a sauce native to south america, mostly made from parsley, garlic, vinegar, chili flakes, and some other ingredients) and used about 3/4 of this to marinate the tenderloin in for a few hours. After this crucial marinating time, I cleaned the tenderloin off, and heated my grill pan to a medium-high. Sear each side for about 4-5 minutes, and let it rest for another 5 min off the stove.

For a side, I chose to infuse some white wine in my rice, and cook it with some garbanzo beans. This compliments the pork wonderfully since you can top everything with the reserved marinade you saved. The pork should be faintly pink in the middle, which is ok. The chimichurri is bright, sour, herby, and spicy...absolutely wonderful in flavor!

Let me know if you'd like this recipe, since it's on of those you have to have in your repertoire!

Goods eats!

-E-

No comments:

Post a Comment